Local Support Groups
Our community has several support groups that meet to help you through the grieving process.
Share. Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support, Inc. Peer support group meeting
Second Tuesday of each month, no meetings during June, July, and August. 7 – 8 p.m. in the Garden Conference Room inside Allison Radiation Center, corner of Market & Collette. For more information, please call Stephanie: 419-226-9237, or for immediate response, call St. Rita’s Call-A-Nurse: 1-800-437-4827
Meetings do not require membership, are free, and are open to bereaved parents who have experiences the death of a baby due to early pregnancy loss, stillbirth, or in the first few months of life, regardless of how much times has passed since the loss. Friends and family of the bereaved are also welcome to attend.
P.A.L.S. Persons Affected by a Loved One’s Suicide.
- Fourth Thursday of every month (third Thursday of November and December). 7 – 8:30 p.m. at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center, 2nd floor of the Ruse Building, at the corner of S. Main and Wallace, above the Emergency Room.
“Compassionate Friends” www.compassionatefriends.org
- For more information, please call 1-877-969-0010, or the Putnam County Chapter: 419-659-2475
- This group offers friendship and understanding to parents who have experienced the death of a child.
Support for Widows
- For more information, please call the YWCA: 419-228-8664
Bereavement Support Groups for Adults, Young Widows/Widowers, & Camps for School Aged Children
- For more information, please call Herb, Barb, Karen, or Kim: 419-226-9064, or 1-800-332-4724
- A variety of support is offered to Allen, Auglaize, and Putnam Counties through St. Rita’s Hospice.
Grief Care www.putnamhealth.com/EmptyArms.htm
- For more information, please call the Lima Community Church: 419-223-9646
- This is a 13-week informational seminar and support group on the grieving process
- Phone lines open 24 hours/ 7 days a week: 1-800-567-HOPE (4673)
- They offer crisis counseling
Lutheran Social Services
- For more information, please call 419-229-2222
- Have grief counseling and grief support groups available